Table of Contents
- Reviewer role on Everlaw
- Admin role on Everlaw
- Uploader role on Everlaw
- Organization admin role on Everlaw
- Obtaining access to various permissions on Everlaw
The organizational administrator, uploader, administrator, and reviewer roles are all essential parts of workflow on Everlaw. This guide provides an overview of the various functionalities that each role has access to on Everlaw, so that you can decide how to best organize the users on your projects to meet your needs.
User permissions on Everlaw are hierarchical and additive. Uploaders have a greater range of functions available to them than admins or reviewers, for example, but they also have access to the same features as the other two groups. Each section of this guide, then, should be read cumulatively.
Reviewer role on Everlaw
Reviewers on Everlaw can perform the following basic functions:
- Construct and share searches on Everlaw
- Add documents to binders and share those binders with colleagues
- Export results tables or documents to CSV or PDF
- Apply ratings, codes and annotations to documents in the review window
- Customize their results table and review window layouts to meet their needs
- Add custom hit highlights and coding presets to facilitate their review workflows
- Contribute to post-review argument building by using StoryBuilder Chronology and Outlines
- Send and receive messages in their project's Message Center
- Review documents in assignment batches that track their review progress
Admin role on Everlaw
Admins on Everlaw can perform the following functions:
- Add users to a project, create groups of users, and create more finely-grained permissions sets for these groups
- Set up categories and codes, and specify user-editable metadata fields
- Create projects for use by opposing counsel
- Turn on redaction, unitization, foreign language searching, and production capabilities for a project
- Add additional StoryBuilder Chronologies to a project
- Set up project-wide persistent hit highlights
- Create assignment groups and assign batches of documents to other users
- Create search term reports to compare multiple searches
- Produce documents off of Everlaw and modify prior productions
- Access Analytics, including predictive coding
Uploader role on Everlaw
Uploaders on Everlaw can perform the following functions:
- Upload native data to the site, as well as initiate uploads of processed data
- Reprocess documents, whether or not the documents were originally processed on Everlaw
- Delete documents from projects
Organizational admin role on Everlaw
Organizational admins on Everlaw can perform the following functions:
- Upload processed data from start to finish through the processed data uploader tool
- Manage projects on an organization-wide level, including adding users to their organization, viewing user access history to their organization’s projects, and adding users as organization admins
- Create, rename, and suspend projects, as well as request project deletion
Obtaining access to various permissions on Everlaw
If you are starting a new project, regardless of your permission type, you must reach out to email@example.com to fill out a setup questionnaire. In the setup questionnaire, you can specify what permission type you need (Organizational Admin, Admin, and/or Uploader privileges). After this point, you will receive an email to create your account, as well as setup confirmation.
You can grant user permissions to other users that are at or below the same permission level granted to you. For example, an admin can add other admins, or reviewers. An admin without uploader rights cannot give someone else uploader privileges.
Due to security reasons, Everlaw cannot add users for you, beyond the initial list of admins or organizational admins. For more instructions on how to add new users to your project, visit this article.
If you have additional questions about user roles on Everlaw, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.