Exporting a case consists of two main steps:
- Exporting the metadata and review work to a CSV
- Exporting all of the images, text, and natives to a ZIP file.
To export metadata and review work to a CSV:
- Pull up all of the documents on your case in the results table. This can be accomplished by clicking the All Documents card under the Search column on the homepage.
Alternatively, you can run a search by using the Bates search term, select "Any Prefix" and type "1-".
- All of the documents will be automatically selected. You can click Export and then select CSV.
- In the dialog box that appears, there are two sections. In the Select Fields section, you can select any metadata that you would like to export. In the Select Categories & Codes section, you can select any review work you would like to export. If you would like to export everything, you can click Select All
- If you believe you may eventually want to import these documents and their codes back into Everlaw, make sure the export the field Exported Codes under the Select Fields section. If you have aliased metadata fields, you can check the box that says "Expand aliased fields."
- Give your export a name, and click Export to CSV.
- You will be able to monitor the progress of this export on the homepage under Batches and Exports. When it is complete, the progress bar will turn into a blue Download button.
To export all of the images, text, and natives to a ZIP file:
- Pull up all of the documents in the results table.
- Click Export and select ZIP.
- In the dialog box that appears, you will need to check the boxes for Images, Text, and Natives. This will create a zip file containing separate folders for the images, text, and native files.
- Checking the box for Native PDF's will image natives upon export and create a folder containing PDF versions of the native documents. This takes a fair amount of processing power, and we recommend keeping this box unchecked. Name your export and click Export to ZIP.
- You can monitor the ZIP export on the homepage under Batches and Exports. The blue Download button will appear when the export is complete.